Bill Pay - Personal & Business
Bill Pay provides a secure and convenient way for you to make payments to anyone with a valid mailing address in the United States and Puerto Rico. This optional feature is another way CIB provides the tools you need to better manage your finances.
To enroll in Bill Pay, sign in to Online Banking and click the Bill Pay tab to complete enrollment*. Not an Online Banking customer? Click here to learn more and apply today!
Bill Pay is included as an account benefit at no additional cost on our Independent Checking, Citizens Checking, and Premier Checking accounts. All other Personal Checking and Business Checking accounts can add this feature for a low monthly fee**.
- Pay anyone in the United States and Puerto Rico safely and securely
- Save money on stamps and envelopes
- Schedule recurring payments or choose specific dates
- Use the Calendar feature to easily view upcoming payments
- Pay bills electronically or by check
- Use P2P to make person-to-person payments
- Review payment history
- Pay bills from multiple checking accounts
- Send themed gift checks or a charitable donation with GiftPay
1. Is Bill Pay secure?
Paying bills online is one of the safest ways to pay your bills. Bill Pay helps guard against identity theft from lost or stolen checkbooks, bills, and statements. It also increases your privacy because only you can access your account information, account numbers, and payment history.
2. What is P2P?
P2P allows you to make person-to-person payments electronically to anyone you choose. There are three options for sending your payment.
1. Provide the recipient's email address and a secure password of your choosing. The recipient then logs in to a secure site using that password and provides the required account information. A payment is deposited electronically from your account into their account.
2. Provide the recipient's bank routing number and deposit account information and a payment is sent electronically.
3. Provide the recipient's mailing address and a paper check will be mailed.
3. Whom can I pay through Bill Pay?
You can pay anyone with a valid mailing address in the United States and Puerto Rico from your next-door neighbor, to the utility company, to the bank, and even a child in college across the country.
Any merchant that is in our database can be paid electronically. If a merchant is not on the list, you may send the payment as a check. Make sure that you enter your merchant account number exactly the way it appears on your bill. If you choose a merchant on the electronic database that requires an address match, choose the correct remittance address listed on your bill.
4. Can I use Bill Pay if I live outside the U.S.?
Yes, as long as you have a bank account in the United States. However, you cannot pay bills to payees located outside the United States or Puerto Rico. Please contact Customer Service at 952-915-8525 for more details.
5. How do I start using Bill Pay?
The first step is to add a payee, the person or company you wish to pay.
1. Log in to Online Banking and click the Bill Pay tab.
2. Click the "Add a Payee" button on your home page dashboard.
3. Enter the requested information. Typically this information can be found on your latest bill statement.
Once your payee is added, you can begin making payments!
6. What is GiftPay?
GiftPay is a helpful feature that allows you to easily send a gift check or charitable donation from your Bill Pay account. With GiftPay, you don't have to worry about stamps or trips to the post office. The gift or donation check is sent directly to the recipient. Funds are withdrawn when the check is cashed.
Gift checks offer a range of colorful designs to suit the occasion as well as the option for personalization. Simply choose a design and add the name and address of the recipient to get started!
Donation checks can be sent in memory or in appreciation of someone you wish to honor. You can also send a personalized email message to notify others of your donation. Simply choose from our broad list of popular charities or enter the charity of your choice to get started.
Fees: $2.99 for gift checks, $1.99 for donation checks
7. What payment frequencies are available?
You can set up payments in any of the following frequencies: weekly, every other week, every four weeks, monthly, every other month, twice monthly, every three months, every six months, or annually.
8. When and how are payments processed?
Payments submitted (recurring or one time,) before 7:00 AM CST Monday-Friday will be processed at 7:00 AM CST. Payments submitted between 7:00 AM CST and 2:00 PM CST will be processed at 2:00 PM CST. Payments received after 2:00 PM CST on Monday-Friday will be processed the next business day. All payments scheduled to go on a weekend will be processed on the processing day before the weekend. All payments scheduled to go on a holiday will be processed the day before that date. Payments entered on the weekend, recurring or one time, will be processed on the next business day.
9. Can I stop a payment?
Only check payments can be stopped after the check is printed and mailed, payment history will show the check number for that payment. The stop payment would be added in the same manner as for a regular check written out of your checkbook. Please note: there is a $35 stop payment fee for each item stopped.
10. Can I get a copy of a cancelled check?
Yes, you may request a copy through Customer Service. There is a fee associated with this request.
11. When will the money be taken out of my account? What if I do not have enough money in my account?
For an ELECTRONIC payment, funds are debited the same day that the payment is sent, providing it is sent by 2:00 PM CST. Electronic payments submitted after 2:00 PM CST are debited the next day during Bill Pay processing. CHECK payment funds are debited from the account when the check clears your account at the bank.
Check payments are handled in the same manner as a check written out of your checkbook against an insufficient balance. Electronic payments are verified for funds availability during processing. If the funds are available, the account that you selected for the payment will be debited and the information sent on for processing. If the funds are not available, the payment will not be processed.
12. How do I know if a payee is electronic or check?
Once you have set up the payee, it will state whether it is check or electronic under the payee name under the payments tab.
13. Can I edit Payee addresses?
Yes. Select the "Payments" tab, then select the payee. On the next screen, click on the "Edit Payee" link.
14. Can I postdate payments?
Yes. Just set the payment date for a valid future date.
15. Can I have multiple payments to the same payee on the same day?
At this time it is possible, as there is no mechanism to check for multiple payments for the same amounts going to the same vendor on the same day.
16. When can you edit the dollar amount on a scheduled recurring payment?
You may edit the dollar amount the next business day after the scheduled payment date.
*Customers with personal or business checking accounts are eligible to enroll in Bill Pay. You must be enrolled in Online Banking.
**Business customers pay a monthly fee of $9.95 which includes 20 transactions per cycle (40¢ per each additional transaction).