People make the difference at Citizens Independent Bank! Our average length of service is close to 11 years. The reason? Our employees all embrace the core values of the bank: Honesty & Integrity • Community Social Responsibility • Exceptional Customer Service • Employee Growth • Financial Strength.
- We put people first. Our clients, our employees, our families, our communities.
- We want employees to have work that is rewarding and challenging.
- We support a work-life balance.
- We look to promote from within.
- We support ongoing employee education.
- We offer full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, LTD and STD, and PTO.
- We have convenient locations in St. Louis Park, Robbinsdale, Hopkins, and Plymouth.
- We have a long history – 70 years and going strong!
- We participate in fun community activities.
- We want YOU to be part of the CIB team!
Our communities benefit from our employees, too. With many opportunities for volunteering, we hire the best to continue our core value of demonstrating social responsibility to the communities we serve. Join us to enrich your career and your community!
We take care of our people. Whether you are beginning your career or you are an expert in your field, our benefits package is one of the most competitive in the Twin Cities. Our Group Insurance options include medical, dental, vision, life, PTO, and short and long-term disability. We also offer a generous 401(k) match.
To apply online, click the Apply Now link at the end of job posting.
Business Banking Associate
Position: Business Banking Associate
The Business Banking Sales Associate is responsible for credit, sales, and loan document administration for the Business Banking unit. In addition, this individual opens all deposit products and related services associated with business and personal accounts in accordance with Bank policies and legal/regulatory compliance requirements. This individual is integral in assisting the business unit to achieve overall sales and production goals.
Under moderate supervision accountable for the complete, accurate and timely preparation of forms required for business loans. This individual assists in preparing loan worksheets, pre-closing, post-closing & checklists for SBA Loans, Letters of Credit, Real Estate Mortgages, Working Capital Lines of Credit and term loans. This individual is accountable for filing documents, as applicable, with the appropriate governmental units within the county, state and out-of-state.
This is a front line sales position for business banking and some personal deposit account relationships. Deposit products include checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, cash management, IRAs and the referral of annuity and mutual fund prospects to a licensed representative. The individual will cross-sell other bank services such as Merchant/Corporate accounts and loan products including overdraft protection, Home Equity and mortgages. In this process, the individual must be knowledgeable in identifying all financial needs of the client and obtain the required authorizations and documentation to establish accounts and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble and organize personal, business & SBA loan request documents for closings.
- Assist Business Bankers in the accumulation of information for the preparation of Loan Presentation Summary and Material Change forms along with the word processing, copying & distribution of the presentation packages.
- Complete appropriately Loan Documentation Checklist & attach all loan documents to be imaged.
- Required to attend and participate in monthly Business Sales & Business Banking Associate meetings.
- Execute all documents in compliance with established policies and procedures involving financing statements, mortgage recordings, titles & grants, etc. with state and county agencies and the fees associated with the recordation of these items.
- Participate in and implement marketing ideas for business products within the department and bank.
- Assist lenders in sales calls and presentations of bank products and services.
- Prepare, order and process various pre-closing and post-closing documents for real estate mortgages, i.e. title & flood insurance, Owners and Encumbrances reports, satisfactions, mortgage and assignment of rents & lease documents, extensions, etc.
- Required to work occasional Saturdays, open or close the bank securing the premises following established security procedures and staff outside community and trade show events.
- Establish new business & personal banking relationships, i.e. checking, savings, & certificates.
- Accountable for obtaining all required documentation & identification involved in processing new accounts, name changes, ATM/POS & Visa/MasterCard accounts, etc.
- Order checks, deposit tickets, & endorsement stamps from various vendors. Follow-up to ensure accuracy of items ordered.
- Identify all financial needs of customer with appropriate products and services.
- Respond to and resolve internal and external customer inquiries and requests, i.e. stop payments, address changes, service charge analysis, etc.
- Effectively communicate issues and resolutions that improve customer and business unit relationships.
Required to be proficient in computer & software systems and participate in training programs to develop knowledge of products, services, systems, etc.
Education: Prefer minimum of two years college or business school, or education and experience equivalent, MBA-AIB, BVS & CFT general & business banking courses preferred or equivalent experience.
Experience: Two years of related work experience preferred.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and status as a protected veteran.