People make the difference at Citizens Independent Bank! Our average length of service is close to 11 years. The reason? Our employees all embrace the core values of the bank: Honesty & Integrity • Community Social Responsibility • Exceptional Customer Service • Employee Growth • Financial Strength.
- We put people first. Our clients, our employees, our families, our communities.
- We want employees to have work that is rewarding and challenging.
- We support a work-life balance.
- We look to promote from within.
- We support ongoing employee education.
- We offer full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, LTD and STD, and PTO.
- We have convenient locations in St. Louis Park, Robbinsdale, Hopkins, and Plymouth.
- We have a long history – 70 years and going strong!
- We participate in fun community activities.
- We want YOU to be part of the CIB team!
Our communities benefit from our employees, too. With many opportunities for volunteering, we hire the best to continue our core value of demonstrating social responsibility to the communities we serve. Join us to enrich your career and your community!
We take care of our people. Whether you are beginning your career or you are an expert in your field, our benefits package is one of the most competitive in the Twin Cities. Our Group Insurance options include medical, dental, vision, life, PTO, and short and long-term disability. We also offer a generous 401(k) match.
To apply online, click the Apply Now link at the end of job posting.
Loan Operations Specialist
Position: Loan Operations Specialist
Location: St. Louis Park
The Loan Operations Specialist is responsible for various activities relating to the processing, servicing, and administration of loans for all branch locations. Verify and ensure that loans are being properly documented in accordance to compliance and applicable laws, regulations, and Bank Policy. Provide support and assistance to meet the needs of the external and internal customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare accurate loan documents utilizing the 20/20 and Laser Pro software for Commercial, Commercial Real Estate, Construction, and Consumer loans
- Prepare and process renewals and extensions as requested
- Preview documentation prior to loan closing to ensure accuracy and completeness
- Obtain documentation necessary to perfect a lien, clear a real estate title, file a lien, or any other documentation requirements necessary to facilitate a loan closing
- Review loan after interfacing with the 20/20 system to ensure documentation accuracy
- Ensure loan documentation is delivered to and received from lenders in a timely manner
- Provide support and assistance to external and internal customers
- Assist with daily reconcilement of loan applications
- Review and distribute various reports in a timely manner
- Review and process all loan payments for the St. Louis Park branch
- Process all loan and overdraft protection maintenance as requested and review previous day daily work for accuracy
- Review and process paid off or renewed promissory notes and lien cards
- Prepare and process monthly remittance payments for Participations
- Prepare and process Freddie Mac loans for delivery
- Process loan payoff payments for Freddie Mac, Residential Real Estate, Charge offs, Nonaccruals, and Participations
- Maintain general knowledge of Commercial, Commercial Real Estate, and Consumer loan products
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of Bank's Loan Policy and Credit Administration Procedures and perform all responsibilities according to these guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides back up to department manager as needed
- Four or more years of banking experience
- Prefer college degree or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of loan documentation preferred
- Experience with Jack Henry 20/20 and Laster Pro helpful
Business Banking Associate
Position: Business Banking Associate
Location: St. Louis Park
The Business Banking Sales Associate is responsible for credit, sales, and loan document administration for the Business Banking unit. In addition, this individual opens all deposit products and related services associated with business and personal accounts in accordance with Bank policies and legal/regulatory compliance requirements. This individual is integral in assisting the business unit achieve overall sales and production goals.
Under moderate supervision accountable for the complete, accurate and timely preparation of forms required for business loans. This individual assists in preparing loan worksheets, pre-closing, post-closing & checklists for SBA Loans, Letters of Credit, Real Estate Mortgages, Working Capital Lines of Credit and term loans. This individual is accountable for filing documents, as applicable, with the appropriate governmental units within the county, state and out-of-state.
This is a front line sales position for business banking and some personal deposit account relationships. Deposit products include checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, cash management, IRAs and the referral of annuity and mutual fund prospects to a licensed representative. The individual will cross-sell other bank services such as Merchant/Corporate accounts and loan products including overdraft protection, Home Equity and mortgages. In this process, the individual must be knowledgeable in identifying all financial needs of the client and obtain the required authorizations and documentation to establish accounts and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble and organize personal, business & SBA loan request documents for closings.
- Assist Business Bankers in the accumulation of information for the preparation of Loan Presentation Summary and Material Change forms along with the word processing, copying & distribution of the presentation packages.
- Complete appropriately Loan Documentation Checklist & attach all loan documents to be imaged.
- Required to attend and participate in monthly Business Sales & Business Banking Associate meetings.
- Execute all documents in compliance with established policies and procedures involving financing statements, mortgage recordings, titles & grants, etc. with state and county agencies and the fees associated with the recordation of these items.
- Participate in and implement marketing ideas for business products within the department and bank.
- Assist lenders in sales calls and presentations of bank products and services.
- Prepare, order and process various pre-closing and post-closing documents for real estate mortgages, i.e. title & flood insurance, Owners and Encumbrances reports, satisfactions, mortgage and assignment of rents & lease documents, extensions, etc.
- Required to work occasional Saturdays, open or close the bank securing the premises following established security procedures and staff outside community and trade show events.
- Establish new business & personal banking relationships, i.e. checking, savings, & certificates.
- Accountable for obtaining all required documentation & identification involved in processing new accounts, name changes, ATM/POS & Visa/MasterCard accounts, etc.
- Order checks, deposit tickets, & endorsement stamps from various vendors. Follow-up to ensure accuracy of items ordered.
- Identify all financial needs of customer with appropriate products and services.
- Respond to and resolve internal and external customer inquiries and requests, i.e. stop payments, address changes, service charge analysis, etc.
- Effectively communicate issues and resolutions that improve customer and business unit relationships.
Required to be proficient in computer & software systems and participate in training programs to develop knowledge of products, services, systems, etc.
Education: Minimum of two years college or business school, MBA-AIB, BVS & CFT general & business banking courses preferred or equivalent experience. Courses in real estate mortgage lending are highly recommended.
Experience: Two years of related work experience required.
Position: Compliance Officer
Citizens Independent Bank and its employees strive to maintain customer trust by never compromising our honesty and integrity, demonstrate social responsibility to our communities, build and maintain close customer relationships by providing exceptional customer service, encourage the personal and professional growth of each employee, and grow a strong financial base for ourselves and those we serve. These values drive our success and define the foundation of our business. We are seeking candidates that will be excited to promote and support these values in the communities we serve!
The Compliance Officer oversees the Compliance Program, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues and concerns within the organization. The position ensures that the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies and that company policies and procedures are being followed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Conducts compliance audits – serves as the review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, tracked, and resolved.
- Develops and maintains a risk assessment process to determine the Bank’s compliance related risks.
- Serves as a resource to staff for regulatory and state banking law compliance.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling and reporting of such violations.
- Serves as the BSA officer, performing various quality control reviews and monitoring in the area of Bank Secrecy Act, USA patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC, Customer Identification Program and others.
- Performs monitoring reviews to analyze and identify compliance risk exposure.
- Evaluates new products and services as well as reviews the Bank’s advertising for proper compliance.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Audit Committee of the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- A college degree or equivalent work experience
- Two to five years’ experience in bank compliance, including knowledge of deposit, operations and loan systems.
- Bank Compliance Officer designation desired
Customer Service Representative - Online Services Specialist
Position: Customer Service Representative - Online Services Specialist
Location: St. Louis Park
The Customer Service – Online Services Specialist must have excellent Customer Service skills. They work closely with customers, co-workers, and across departments. This requires that the incumbent have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
The Online Services Specialist is the subject matter expert on all online services including Online Banking, Cash Management, Mobile Banking, Mobile Deposit, and Bill Pay. They will need to think critically and be able to easily identify patterns of suspicious or fraudulent activity.
Online Services Specialist Primary Responsibilities
- Online Services set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Monitor Online Services for fraudulent or suspicious activity through variety of reports
- Communicate with customers through various online channels including secure messaging and email
- Work across departments to process website applications and contact requests
- Review of Unposteds
- Verify domestic and international wires
- Verify ACH origination
- Review customer, account, and internal ACH transaction maintenance
- Review new deposit account documentation for missing work or errors
- Review credit card payments
- Review stop payments placed through the Telebank system
- Process monthly reviewed account analysis
Online Services Specialist Backup Responsibilities
- Process ATM and debit card fraud alerts and contact customers to resolve
- Work closely with Customer Service Manager to determine possible fraud patterns and mitigate risk
- Enter and Maintain Reg E ATM and debit card disputes with processor and communicate results while meeting deadlines
- Process ATM deposit adjustments
- Review OFAC suspect and FINCEN suspect reports
- Review Large Dollar exception items
- Process New Account Reg CC Holds
- Review Manual ACH Transactions
- Work across departments to process daily checking and savings account overdrafts, and monitor waived fees
- Process and mail overdraft warning letter requests
- Process deposit charge off requests and eFunds reporting
- Process Safe Deposit Box payments
- Process Credit Card payments
- Process undeliverable mail and contact customers to get updated address
- Process bounced eStatements customer notification
- Process Incoming Domestic Collection Items
- Monitor Reg D Violations
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in banking industry
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to easily adapt to changing technological products, features, and procedures within the Financial Industry
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VETS/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal " EEO is the Law" poster, its " Supplement" poster, and its " Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision."