People make the difference at Citizens Independent Bank! Our average length of service is close to 11 years. The reason? Our employees all embrace the core values of the bank: Honesty & Integrity • Community Social Responsibility • Exceptional Customer Service • Employee Growth • Financial Strength.
- We put people first. Our clients, our employees, our families, our communities.
- We want employees to have work that is rewarding and challenging.
- We support a work-life balance.
- We look to promote from within.
- We support ongoing employee education.
- We offer full benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401k with match, LTD and STD, and PTO.
- We have convenient locations in St. Louis Park, Robbinsdale, Hopkins, and Plymouth.
- We have a long history – 70 years and going strong!
- We participate in fun community activities.
- We want YOU to be part of the CIB team!
Our communities benefit from our employees, too. With many opportunities for volunteering, we hire the best to continue our core value of demonstrating social responsibility to the communities we serve. Join us to enrich your career and your community!
We take care of our people. Whether you are beginning your career or you are an expert in your field, our benefits package is one of the most competitive in the Twin Cities. Our Group Insurance options include medical, dental, vision, life, PTO, and short and long-term disability. We also offer a generous 401(k) match.
To apply online, click the Apply Now link at the end of job posting.
Customer Service Representative - Fraud & Risk Specialist
Position: Customer Service Representative - Fraud & Risk Specialist
Location: St. Louis Park
The Fraud and Risk Specialist must have excellent Customer Service skills. They work closely with customers, co-workers, and across departments. This requires that the incumbent have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
The position requires a self-starter with the ability to exercise independent judgement. The specialist will have a keen eye and strong attention-to-detail while processing disputes and reviewing fraud alerts. They must have the ability to be tactful when pointing out errors on documentation, and follow through to ensure the errors are resolved. The incumbent will be organized, and can multi-task with a sense of urgency to ensure critical daily deadlines are met.
The Fraud and Risk Specialist is the subject matter expert on card fraud, Reg E card dispute resolution, OFAC/FinCen, overdrafts, chargebacks, charge offs, and undeliverable mail. They will need to think critically and be able to easily identify patterns of suspicious or fraudulent activity. They will work closely with the Customer Service Manager to create rules or procedures that prevent further potential fraud.
Customer Service Department Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Provide Customer Service over the phone and in person
- Assist with customer inquiries and error resolution including fraudulent/unauthorized activity, forgeries, and intake of Reg E disputes
- Order checks, deposit tickets, and endorsement stamps
- Refer products to customers in order to meet referral goal for the year
- Process stop payment requests
- Process over the phone and in person requests for transfers, loan, and credit card payments
- Assist customers in troubleshooting Telebank and Online Services
- Complete research requests and various projects as needed
Fraud and Risk Specialist Primary Responsibilities
- Process ATM and debit card fraud alerts and contact customers to resolve
- Work closely with Customer Service Manager to determine possible fraud patterns and mitigate risk
- Enter and Maintain Reg E ATM and debit card disputes with processor and communicate results while meeting deadlines
- Process ATM deposit adjustments
- Review OFAC suspect and FINCEN suspect reports
- Review Large Dollar exception items
- Process New Account Reg CC Holds
- Review Manual ACH Transactions
- Work across departments to process daily checking and savings account overdrafts, and monitor waived fees
- Process and mail overdraft warning letter requests
- Process deposit charge off requests and eFunds reporting
- Process Safe Deposit Box payments
- Process Credit Card payments
- Process undeliverable mail and contact customers to get updated address
- Process bounced eStatements customer notification
- Process Incoming Domestic Collection Items
Fraud and Risk Specialist Backup Responsibilities
- Online Services set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Monitor Online Services for fraudulent or suspicious activity through variety of reports
- Communicate with customers through various online channels including secure messaging and email
- Work across departments to process website applications and contact requests
- Review of Unposted Items
- Verify domestic and international wires
- Verify ACH origination
- Review customer, account, and internal ACH transaction maintenance
- Review new deposit account documentation for missing work or errors
- Review credit card payments
- Review stop payments placed through the Telebank system
- Process monthly reviewed account analysis
- Process Reg E ACH disputes (WSUD)
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- 2 years’ experience in banking industry with focus on fraud mitigation.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to easily adapt to changing technological products, features, and procedures within the Financial Industry.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and status as a protected veteran.