Careers at CIB
People make the difference at Citizens. Many of our employees have been here 5, 10… over 30 years! Whether it is our outstanding benefits or our family friendly atmosphere, our employees are loyal, dedicated and committed.
Our communities benefit from our employees too. With many opportunities for volunteering, we hire the best to continue our core value of demonstrating social responsibility to the communities we serve. Join us to enrich your career and your community!
Citizens Independent Bank has an opening for a full-time Teller at our Hopkins location. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Process paying and receiving functions.
- Accepts and processes payments.
- Issues Cashier's Checks, Money Orders, Certified Checks, Gift Cards, and Travel Cards.
- Balancing of teller drawers and machines.
- Process coin orders and coin charges.
- Redeem U.S. Savings Bonds.
- Answer phone inquiries.
- Balance the ATM.
- Process cash advances.
- Perform other activities as requested by the Teller Supervisors and the Assistant Teller Supervisor.
To view a complete job description, click Apply Now below.
Position: Business Banker
Citizens Independent Bank has an opening for a Business Banker. This position is responsible for establishing new banking relationships with corporations, partnerships, individuals doing business, not-for-profit organizations, and associations. The incumbent must have complete knowledge of all commercial products and services including credit products, deposit/investment products, cash management, other commercial services, and the bank fee schedule. The incumbent is responsible for assigned floor duty to service walk-in customers, but also spends a significant amount of time out of the bank in the offices of existing clients, servicing existing business, developing new business, calling on prospective clients, and networking in various ways in the community. The incumbent should also be involved with a community organization that meets our CRA requirements.
This is a front line sales position for all commercial deposit/investment, credit, and cash management products. Commercial business is brought into the bank through personal interaction of the Commercial Banker with the customer/prospect. The banker must match the product and service with the customer/prospect's identified needs and must carefully evaluate the amount of risk involved in entering into a relationship. The incumbent must understand the business/industry the customer is in and must gain a thorough knowledge of the customer/enterprise history and future plans. The loan administration unit has been organized to assist in the evaluation and approval process. Lending authority will be given to the incumbent based on their training and experience. Requests which exceed this limit must be approved by the Unit Manager or the Officers Loan Committee. Certain requests may require approval by the Directors Credit Committee. The incumbent must administer all loans within legal and regulatory requirements, the bank's loan policy, procedure policy, and stipulations established by the Officers Loan Committee and Directors Credit Committee.
To view the complete job description, click Apply Now below.
Customer Service Representative – Online Banking
This entry level position requires previous customer service experience. It works closely with customers, co-workers, and across departments. This requires that the incumbent have strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
The position requires a self-starter with the ability to exercise independent judgement. The specialist will have a keen eye and strong attention-to-detail while reviewing co-workers’ maintenance. The individual must have the ability to be tactful when pointing out errors, and follow through to ensure the errors are resolved. The incumbent will be organized, and can multi-task with a sense of urgency to ensure critical daily deadlines are met.
The Online Services Specialist is the subject matter expert on all online services including Online Banking, Cash Management, Mobile Banking, Mobile Deposit, and Bill Pay. The individual will need to think critically and be able to easily identify patterns of suspicious or fraudulent activity.
Customer Service Department Day-to-Day Responsibilities
- Provide Customer Service over the phone and in person
- Assist with customer inquiries and error resolution including fraudulent/unauthorized activity, forgeries, and intake of Reg E disputes
- Order checks, deposit tickets, and endorsement stamps
- Refer products to customers in order to meet referral goal for the year
- Balance customer checkbooks
- Process stop payment requests
- Process over the phone and in person requests for transfers, loan, and credit card payments
- Assist customers in troubleshooting Telebank and Online Services
- Complete research requests and various projects as needed
Online Services Specialist Primary Responsibilities
- Online Services set up, maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Monitor Online Services for fraudulent or suspicious activity through variety of reports
- Communicate with customers through various online channels including secure messaging and email
- Work across departments to process website applications and contact requests
- Review of Unposteds
- Verify domestic and international wires
- Verify ACH origination
- Review customer, account, and internal ACH transaction maintenance
- Review new deposit account documentation for missing work or errors
- Review credit card payments
- Review stop payments placed through the Telebank system
- Process monthly reviewed account analysis
Online Services Specialist Backup Responsibilities
- Process ATM and debit card fraud alerts and contact customers to resolve
- Work closely with Customer Service Manager to determine possible fraud patterns and mitigate risk
- Enter and Maintain Reg E ATM and debit card disputes with processor and communicate results while meeting deadlines
- Process ATM deposit adjustments
- Review OFAC suspect and FINCEN suspect reports
- Review Large Dollar exception items
- Process New Account Reg CC Holds
- Review Manual ACH Transactions
- Work across departments to process daily checking and savings account overdrafts, and monitor waived fees
- Process and mail overdraft warning letter requests
- Process deposit charge off requests and eFunds reporting
- Process Safe Deposit Box payments
- Process Credit Card payments
- Process undeliverable mail and contact customers to get updated address
- Process bounced eStatements customer notification
- Process Incoming Domestic Collection Items
- Monitor Reg D Violations
Environmental and Physical Activity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- One year experience in banking industry
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to easily adapt to changing technological products, features, and procedures within the Financial Industry
*Management reserves the right to change this position description at any time according to business needs.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VETS/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster, its "Supplement" poster, and its "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision".
Our benefits package is one of the most competitive in the Twin Cities. Our group insurance options include medical, dental, life, short and long-term disability. We also offer a generous 401(k) match. We offer paid time off (PTO) and paid holidays.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VETS/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster, its "Supplement" poster, and its "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
We take care of our people.
Whether you are beginning your career or you are an expert in your field, our benefits package is one of the most competitive in the Twin Cities. Our Group Insurance options include medical, dental, vision, life, PTO, and short and long-term disability. We also offer a generous 401(k) match.
You may submit your résumé using any of the following methods:
Citizens Independent Bank
5000 West 36th Street
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Attn: Human Resources
Attn: Human Resources
To apply online, click the Apply Now link at the end of job posting.