Careers at CIB
People make the difference at Citizens. Many of our employees have been here 5, 10… over 30 years! Whether it is our outstanding benefits or our family friendly atmosphere, our employees are loyal, dedicated and committed.
Our communities benefit from our employees too. With many opportunities for volunteering, we hire the best to continue our core value of demonstrating social responsibility to the communities we serve. Join us to enrich your career and your community!
Position: Chief Operations Officer
Location: St Louis Park
Citizens Independent Bank has an opening for a Chief Operations Officer. The role of the Chief Operations Officer is to lead and direct the organization by working with the President/CEO to establish and meet company polices, strategies and goals. This is done through the management of Bank personnel in the following areas: Marketing Director, Customer Service Manager, HR Director, Compliance Officer, and Loan Operations Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee a team of managers as they lead the day-to-day operations of the bank.
- Ensure the bank has operational systems and procedures that support current and anticipated needs for delivering financial services to customers.
- Oversee relationships with multiple third-party vendors and service providers to ensure the contracted products and services are delivered and support levels are maintained.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and innovations. Evaluate, recommend, and implement changes to operational systems and processes that take advantage of these trends and innovations.
- Meet with senior managers, department heads, and President/CEO to prioritize and develop plans and projects to support their operational needs.
- Work with HR to ensure continuity, innovation, and effectiveness of staffing in support of the organization's major operational functions.
- Ensure systems are functioning properly and have adequate security, privacy, and backup/disaster recovery plans to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Supervise and provide direction for operational projects related to facilities.
- Serves on all executive Bank committees as required, such as Loan Committee, Capital Committee, Asset-Liability Committee, Management Committee, Credit Quality Committee, Audit Committee, and Technology Committee.
- Engages in business development activities through a network of contacts developed.
- Represents the Bank in community, civic, and community reinvestment functions.
- Monitors staff in daily tasks, operations, and quality control; ensures the organization of assigned areas of the department, coordinating available resources (e.g. staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results.
- CRA Officer
- Analyzes operational problems and develops procedures for their resolution.
- Develops and maintains manuals and references.
- Participates in employee training to effectively implement bank policies and procedures.
- Recommends and reviews required banking equipment.
- In conjunction with Compliance Officer, ensure that the Retail Managers are following and implementing bank policies and procedures.
- Answers daily correspondence regarding bank functionality.
- Responds to customer concerns or directs customers to appropriate bank personnel for resolution.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree and 10 years banking experience or 15+ years banking experience. Must be able to motivate others in a tactful and meaningful manner.
Daily review of bank records for suspected kiting and use of uncollected funds. Review customer transactions where fraud is suspected. Determine if fraud has taken place and implement procedures for filing criminal complaints and/or restitution. Investigate cases of employee defalcations, acquiring necessary data for use by local law enforcement agencies or the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Assist law enforcement agencies in apprehension of various bank crime perpetrators. Administer adequate equipment protection program to provide safety for people, assets and property.
Responsible for leasing bank buildings, plan, coordinate, and manage the remodeling and upgrade of bank facilities. Procure competitive contracts for exterior building services and major repairs to plumbing, heating, air conditioning, driveways, sidewalks and building glass.
Has direct accountability for revising, updating and approval of the following policies:
- Community Reinvestment Act
- Expedited Funds Availability
- Wire Transfer Policy
Position: Full-time Teller
Location: St. Louis Park
Hours: Monday-Friday 6:45am to 6:00pm, Rotating Saturdays from 8:45am to 12pm
Citizens Independent Bank has an opening for a full time Teller at our St Louis Park location. Our Teller position is responsible for serving the customer and officers of Citizens Independent Bank in their daily banking transactions in a professional atmosphere while working efficiently and courteously. This individual handles all phases of the Teller operations which include time and demand deposits and a broad range of related functions. This job involves considerable customer contact. The Teller is responsible for providing CIB's products and services. The Teller must adhere to CIB’s Performance and Service Standards, Policies and Procedures. The employee will be expected to exercise some independent judgment under moderate supervision.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School Degree and one or more years of solid related experience and/or training preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
REASONING ABILITY - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS - The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Must be able to lift supplies, roll, lift and stack coin. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/VETS/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants can learn more about the company's status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster, its "Supplement" poster, and its "Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision".
We take care of our people.
Whether you are beginning your career or you are an expert in your field, our benefits package is one of the most competitive in the Twin Cities. Our Group Insurance options include medical, dental, life, short and long-term disability. We also offer a generous 401(k) match.
You may submit your résumé using any of the following methods:
Citizens Independent Bank
5000 West 36th Street
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
Attn: Human Resources
Attn: Human Resources
To apply for a specific position, click the Apply Now link at the end of job posting. To print an application or submit a generic application, click here.